Friday, November 29, 2013

I'm Getting Closer to my Dreams

It's been almost 1 year since I last blogged.  During that time period, a lot of changes have taken place in my life.  First, I FINALLY became a licensed clinical social worker.  Despite taking 6 years to accumulate the needed supervision hours, I am content.  Second, I am pursuing my songwriting career full time.  That's right; I gave up my 9-to-5.  I've ceased recording a cappella songs; I write them to tracks.  My sister and I have recorded three songs in a professional studio.  I'm relaxed and focused on becoming an established songwriter.  Lastly, I have begun the process of locking my hair. 

Thus far, I have been promoting my music using social media.  Thankfully, I have come to the attention of R&B singer/songwriter Angie Stone.  She really likes my music, and I would be honored to work with her.  However, I am casting my net widely and praying that God will connect me with the right people. 

Please take a listen to my songs and feel free to leave feedback.  I present to y'all "Marathon," "Eternal Gratitude," "Our Night," "Man-Eater," and "Distance."  Enjoy!

"Eternal Gratitude"


"Our Night"


"Marathon"


"Man Eater"


"Distance"