Saturday, December 13, 2008

I'm back!

I've been gone for more than a minute. Since my last post, I have received my master's degree from LSU, moved back home, buried my beloved step-father, experienced major family drama, nearly sued my employer, and received my social work license (LMSW). Through all of this, I have learned that life is beautifully unpredictable. I've given up control and decided to simply trust in myself, my family, and my creator. So far, everything is working out just fine. As 2009 nears, I am anticipating continued mental clarity and peace of mind. Anything else that God gives me is an added bonus.

I hope anyone who sees this blog will be enlightened and humored. What can you expect? It depends on my mood and what I'm experiencing. I'll probably do a lot of blogging about LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) issues and concerns, as well as other matters of inequality. As a single, gay, black man, I'll also bloviate about the scarcity of men of substance in and around the great city of Atlanta. If my family or anyone else gets on my nerves, you'll hear about that too. If I see some funny shit -which I often do- I'll definitely spill my guts.

I've learned not to take myself too seriously, so comments that are not complimentary are also welcomed. Enjoy!

No comments: