Saturday, May 30, 2009

Back from NY!

I had a blast. It was soo good to catch up with family and friends who I have not seen in over seven years. I hit the city so hard (with my baby sister, of course) that I had to sleep in for a day. I definitely have to visit more often; at least every two years. Anyhow, I'll post a blog about that later. For now, I want to post a video that I have fallen in love with. I know some folks don't agree with my decision to post videos depicting gospel artists, but I don't care. As I've said before, the messenger, in many cases, is not as important as the message. Enjoy!

"God in Me," by Mary Mary

4 comments:

Unknown said...

nice to have you back...I am waiting for the details of your vacation...

Anonymous said...

"As I've said before, the messenger, in many cases, is not as important as the message. Enjoy!"


I don't get into Mary Mary because they revealed themselves to be typical "Christians" who profess love, but find gay men and women to be "broken"/in need of change . You are so right though, their message is important. I have yet to learn how to distinguish, as in this case, someone's musical message from their ignorant beliefs.

John the Scribe said...

Chaz: If the message does not apply, reject it. I do not view myself as broken, demoic, possessed, or any other derogatory adjective that you can think of. I agree that it can be difficult to differentiate between a person's core values (which can be negative) and her/his positive attributes.

The Antonym said...

I know you have great experiences to share from the trip. Don't hold back man. I love NY!